Monday, July 11, 2005

I’m in the Ground Forever, Simply Because I Stopped Breathing

Or
I’m in the Mood for Death
(Kudos for Michelle)
Frances Langford, a USO favorite from the 1930s through the 1950s, has died at the age of 91. Best known for her steamy rendition of “I’m in the Mood for Love,” which was written specifically for her 1935 film debut “Every Night at Eight,” Langford had a knack for creating memorable songs in forgettable movies. “You are My Lucky Star” and “Broadway Rhythm” in “Broadway Melody,” and “Hooray for Hollywood.” She also joined James Cagney on a rendition of “Over There” in Yankee Doodle Dandy, essentially playing herself as a featured performer in a USO, as she did with Bob Hope throughout World War II. Langford also made up half of the radio classic duo “The Bickersons,” with Don Ameche.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by counter.bloke.com